- Hingham was settled in 1633 and named after Hingham, England after Reverend Peter Hobart arrived from England with his followers.
- It borders Norwell, Cohasset, Rockland, Weymouth & Hull.
- It is 26 square miles and has a population of 25,000.
- Hingham is located in Plymouth County and its mascot is the Harbormen.
- There are 4 elementary schools ( South, East, Plymouth River & Foster) as well as Hingham Middle School & Hingham High.
Hingham has a lively Downtown with high end shops and restaurants and additionally at Derby Street Shoppes and the Shipyard. Some local favorites are Square Cafe, Burton’s, Tosca & Stars on Hingham Harbor.
Hingham Downtown Association | Welcome (discoverhingham.com)
Derby Street Shoppes
Home – Derby Street Shops (derbystshops.com)
The Launch at Hingham Shipyard – store list, hours, (location: Hingham, Massachusetts) | Malls in America