- Weymouth was first settled in 1622 and incorporated as a town in 1635.
- It is approximately 12 miles south of Boston and is part of Norfolk County.
- The city’s population is around 56,000 people.
- Weymouth has a total area of 21.6 square miles, including both land and water.
- It is home to the South Shore Hospital, one of the largest medical facilities in the area.
- Weymouth has several beaches, including Wessagusset Beach and Webb Memorial State Park.
- Weymouth has 8 primary schools: Academy Avenue, Frederick C. Murphy, Lawrence W. Pingree, Ralph Talbot, Thomas V. Nash, Jr. , Thomas W. Hamilton, Wessagusset and William Search. Additionally, Maria Weston Chapman Middle School and Weymouth High School.
- Weymouth’s mascot is the wildcat and their colors are purple, gold and white.
Weymouth Public Schools:
Town of Weymouth: